Thursday, March 08, 2007

My first blog (Reprinted from a January 9th 2007 blog originally posted somewhere else)

OK, I have become a cliche. This is my first blog--anywhere. I intend to do this on a fairly regular basis. My blog will be free-form, with observations about life, the occasional current event, cool music I have heard, movies or TV I have seen, something that pissed me off--the typical blog crap nobody is interested in. Two things that my blog will always include each time:
-Music recommendations
-At least one suggested name for a new band
A WARNING: this blog will not be pretty. I have limited HTML skills (OK, none) so count yourself lucky if I can eventually figure out how to add photos, or links you can actually click on.
That's pretty much all I have to say today, except I need to deliver on my promise...
What I'm Listening To: Everyone who knows me is aware I am obsessed with Yo La Tengo, so that's a given. Right now I am really into Broken Social Scene. Unlike pretty much everyone else, I feel that their newer album ("Broken Social Scene") surpasses the excellence of their much-lauded "You Forgot it In People". Everyone else sees it as a lesser work, and says that the prior album's songs "grabbed" them more. I feel quite the opposite. Either way, both are fantastic records. If you go to their page on Arts and Crafts, you can view some of their videos. "7/4 (Shoreline)" is my favorite off their new album. Don't ask me to link to it, because I don't know how.
Suggested Name for a Band: I have a head start on this as my friend Chadd and I have been trading an email back and forth for nearly two years, filled with nothing but fake band names. We are into the hundreds now. For the sake of our friendship and some kind of warped code of honor, there are a few choice names I just cannot share. Ever. But there are some other really good ones I feel comfortable letting out of the vault. Here are just a few (the last one is Chadd's contribution):
-Brecht's Washcloth
-The Ranchettes
-Martin Mull Saved my Family
-Hostel
Well, there you have it. My first blog. Make sure the flash is on when you take a picture. See you next time!

No comments: